We know this is a concerning time for families.
We wanted to offer some comfort to those parents who are concerned about coming into IMC Children’s clinic with their children. We take their health and safety extremely seriously therefore have implemented the following:
- We have split the Clinic into ‘Routine’ in the mornings – this is for all the normal appointments (developmental checks, vaccinations, skin concerns, weaning etc) and ‘Acute’ in the afternoons (this is for those children with upper respiratory symptoms and fevers)
- We have implemented a strict telephone triage system so that anyone who is considered high risk is directed straight to hospital
- On arrival parent and child are isolated from others to enable social distancing
- We have plenty of isolation rooms – which means no sick patients are waiting in common areas
- We now have a Telemedicine service for those who wish to have an ‘at home’ consult
- We now have a medication delivery service for most medications
- Our doctors and nurses are in full PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) when we see sick patients which are then disposed of at the end of the consult
- All our staff have temperature checks twice a day
- All of the consult and isolation rooms are disinfected and thoroughly cleaned after each patient
We have very high standards in caring for both our patients and and staff.
Please call us if you have any questions.