As part of the Management team of IMC, the Human Resources Manager (HRM) will provide all the day-to-day requirements to support the provision of family, paediatric, and travel medicine services to our patient base.
The HRM will assist to provide exceptional leadership to ensure a high level of professional standards and medical care to our patients. The HRM will be responsible for the level and standard of Human Resource, cultivate teamwork, develop and nurture staff, and ensure the proper support for both doctors and support staff. The HRM will work in conjunction and under the directions of, the General Manager, to support the operations of all IMC clinics.
Standards & Leadership:
- Develop productive outcomes and consistency of support for all clinics through collaboration and close relationship with the Management Team, Group Clinic Manager (GCM), Clinic Managers (CM), Nurse-In-Charges and HR Specialist.
- Work alongside Management to develop protocols/policies/procedures to ensure the maintenance of exceptional practices and services rendered. Ensure training and updates on Infonet/Web where necessary.
- Provide feedback to management on any matters that will further enhance the services, recruitment and rostering provided by IMC.
- Distribute any pertinent information to the correct staff members when required.
- Maintain confidentiality, use sound judgment with the ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Relay any concerns to the General Manager when necessary.
- Be available for questions, suggestions, and concerns from staff
- Assist the General Manager for any ad-hoc tasks when required.
- Be knowledgeable and up to date with labour guidelines from the Ministry of Manpower and other government authorities to ensure that the company adheres with all policies in place.
Recruitment & Manpower planning:
- Plan and work within the constraints of the annual headcount/budget. Re-design job profiles as needed.
- Prepare advertisement for vacant staff positions when required in adherence with the IMC Recruitment policy.
- Acknowledge all applications in writing, assess, review and select suitable candidates for interview process.
- Schedule and conduct all interviews in collaboration with the GCM/CM as applicable.
- Conduct reference checks on potential candidates when required.
- Plan and complete the onboarding process including, compensation & benefit proposal to the issuance of contracts, obtaining of immigration approvals and the induction/training program. Liaise with the GCM/CM’s for training as needed.
- Ensure accurate Role Descriptions and Role Expectations are in place and provide advice and assistance with writing such.
- Ensure support to all new staff to adapt to the IMC environment. Ensure all colleagues are well informed of their duties and are working as a team with each other and the other departments of the clinic.
- Support the GCM with the monthly roster planning as required and ensure the manpower planning is sufficient for a safe practice, whilst staying within budget constraints.
- Be available for emergency absence phone calls/ messages and act on these appropriately in collaboration with the GCM and HR Specialist.
- Ensure appropriate review forms are in place and provide advice and assistance with writing such.
- Provide the Managing Director with performance reviews and staff feedback when required.
- Collate all 360 degree reviews and present to Manager prior to review meeting for discussion. Be present at all performance review meetings and support the Managers in these meetings as needed.
Training & Development:
- Assist with organising staff training and development events when required. Work in close collaboration with the GCM and Training Facilitator.
- On an ongoing basis, assess team members with any ongoing or additional training required. Monitor the progress, understanding, and comfort of the staff member in their role and with other colleagues
- Identify improvements in the training and orientation/induction/training programs for all staff members.
- Contribute to the nurturing and development of all staff, resulting in a motivated, satisfied team who hold a sense of belonging.
- Address inaccuracies in a constructive, reassuring manner.
- Provide positive feedback when colleagues perform in an exceptional manner.
- Deal with staff incidents and ensure all staff are adhering to all policies and contract wordings. Conduct investigations where necessary and issue disciplinary measures in conjunction with the General Manager where appropriate.
- Ensure that all incidents are properly dealt with and reported in a timely manner as per IMC Incident Policy.
- Prepare and process payroll.
- Be available to staff for questions regarding their payroll.
- Prepare and send monthly staff Newsletter.
- Prepare and send ad hoc HR Updates to all staff as necessary.
- Adhere to IMC’s policies and procedures while maintaining the expected professionalism.
- Identify areas for enhancing non-medical clinic standards and patient service
- Attend Management & Staff Meetings providing valuable input and timely follow-up on agreed action items when necessary.
- Demonstrate professional presentation with professional attire to be worn at all times.
- Provide exemplary standard of patient service efficiently and effectively to ensure the good name and standing of IMC is not damaged by your act or omission.
- Be knowledgeable, provide information assisting in the awareness of the clinic and it’s services to existing and future patients
- Be honest and receptive with the patients and respond appropriately when necessary.
- Demonstrate the service the Expat community of Singapore would expect in their own home country.
- Ensure any remarks that undermine the morale of individual staff members are acted upon immediately and brought to the attention of the Managing Director. The HRM should not be a source of any remarks that undermine any colleagues.