Have a question – scroll through the list of frequently asked questions but if you don’t find your answer, feel free to give us a call or drop us a note.
A Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test is applicable for travelers who will be travelling from Singapore to a destination country that has a mandatory requirement to produce a negative COVID-19 PCR test prior to entry into the country.
No, you need to meet specific requirements prior to booking an appointment for Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test. See next questions for further details. You can always call IMC and speak to our support staff. We can advise accordingly.
Before being able to book an appointment at one of our clinics, please
After you have done the Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test at our clinic, the test result is provided no later than 48 hours from the time of test taking.
- A Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test or Polymerase Chain Reaction Test, is used to detect coronavirus from a nasopharyngeal (nasal secretions) sample, also known as a nasal swab.
- An Air Travel Approval is required by the MOH in order to fly to your destination country. An Air Travel Approval is only permitted once you have a Negative COVID-19 PCR Test within the stipulated time line prior to your departure from Singapore. You are notified by email within 5 working days from the time of application if you are eligible for testing.
- To get authorization by the ICA you must lodge a Pre-Departure Test Application on the website and receive an email from them approving your application for PCR pre-departure test prior to making an appointment with IMC.
Please NOTE that IMC cannot administer the Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test result, unless the Pre-Departure COVID-19 Test Application has been granted.
Yes, all 4 IMC clinics (IMC Camden, Children's, Jelita and Katong) offer a Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test.
Everybody can take the test, children and adults. There is no minimum age limit.
- Children below 12 years of age will have the Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test done at our Children’s Clinic at Camden.
- Owing to our accredited laboratory partner IMC only carries out nasal-pharyngeal Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Tests.
Yes, each family member needs to submit the required documents separately on our website link.
No, the Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test is done as a Nurse Only appointment and you don’t need to have a doctor’s appointment. If you request to see a doctor, additional normal consultation charges apply.
Yes, you need to register as a new patient either at the reception or online (https://www.imc-healthcare.com/services/forms/registration/) prior to the appointment. Once registered, you can proceed to do the Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test as a Nurse Only appointment.
You need to make an appointment that fits your required testing window which is in line with your destination country’s requirement. Owing to clinic operating hours and to meet the collection times of samples transported to the laboratory, we can only undertake Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test during the following operation hours:
Monday-Thursday 8:30am - 4:30pm (last appointment)
Friday- 8.30am- 12:30pm (last appointment)
Saturday- 8.30am- 12pm (last appointment)
Please note that IMC is closed on Saturday afternoon and Sunday. The earliest turnaround time of your Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test result done on a Friday afternoon, is on Monday morning 9 .00 AM.
No, IMC cannot administer the Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test, unless a Pre-Departure Application has been granted and all required information and documents have been submitted (www.imc-healthcare.com/services/IMC website link).
Please refer to www.imc-healthcare.com/pre-departure-covid-19-pcr-testLINK for easy reference.
Please prepare the following information prior to booking an appointment
- ICA approval email to take the Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test
- Cut off time for your testing (defined by your airline/destination country)
- NRIC/FIN and Passport number
- Flight details with booking reference and departure details
- Current Singapore address
- Contact email address
- Contact telephone number
When you book the appointment, you receive an email with a link to our webpage to submit your ‘Patient Agreement Form’ and additional required information.
The total cost (test and Nurse Only appointment) of the Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test is $186.90 excluding GST.. The cost of the test is borne by you and paid in full at the time of your appointment.
The cost of the Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test is borne by you and paid in full at the time of your appointment. IMC cannot accept payment by direct billing service. You receive an invoice to submit your claim directly with your insurance provider.
Please bring with you;
- Copy of ICA approval email for Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test
- Original NRIC/FIN and Passport
- Copy of flight details with booking reference and showing your departure flight time
IMC staff will inform you of your test result.
If your Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test result is negative: IMC notifies you via the email address you provided. You receive a ‘Memo on COVID-19 real time RT-PCR swab test’ and your Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test result.
If your Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test result is positive: A doctor from the clinic contacts you to make the necessary arrangements. You are not permitted to travel.
The Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test result is provided no later than 48 hours from the time of test taking.
If you are feeling unwell, with fever, cough or cold symptoms it may not be possible to travel. Please contact the clinic for review by a doctor.
Please call the clinic for the next available appointment at the clinic. Travelers who miss the cut-off test timing stipulated by your destination country will not be able to obtain a test result in time for their flight.
IMC notifies you via the email address you provided of your Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test result. You receive a ‘Memo on COVID-19 real time RT-PCR swab test’ and your Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test results. The test result is provided no later than 48 hours from the time of test taking.
Your Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test result may result as inconclusive. In that case the result may take longer then planed as the laboratory need more time to process the swab or the test need to be redone. IMC is not liable for any such delays beyond our control.
Call your IMC clinic and enquire about the status of your Pre-Departure COVID-19 PCR Test result.